Training Young Champions for GOLF and LIFE!
Has your child ever said "I want to play golf," or "I want to win a tournament!" or "I want to play golf in college." or even "I WANT TO BE A PROFESSIONAL GOLFER!"
If so, they need to be in our 2017 JUNIOR ACADEMY!
Junior Performance Program
What is the Junior Performance Program?
- A fun way for kids to learn and develop their athletic and golf skills
- A way for kids to develop social and competitive skills while Interacting with other kids their age and skill level
- A program of coaching that will challenge your kids to grow and mature on and off the golf course
- A 12 week spring, summer and fall session
Who can participate in the program?
- Any child from the ages of 4-17 who has a desire to learn golf, play golf on a competitive level, play golf in college, play professional golf or just play for fun, for life!
What makes our program so unique?
- We use a system developed by the Titleist Performance Institute’s (TPI) program of Long Term Athletic Development (LTAD)
- Every child participates in an assessment of their GOLF SKILLS and PHYSICAL SKILLS. After the assessments, your child is given a ranking. The program is designed to help them advance to the next level while acquiring new physical and golf skills.
- STUDENT TEACHER ratio is 6:1
There are 10 ranks or levels and each has a color. The colors are shown below with Black/Silver being the highest achievable.
GOLF SKILLS RANKING
FITNESS SKILLS RANKING
What will your child be doing in our classes?
- A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING!
- A warm-up followed by fitness drills and exercises for coordination, strength, speed and agility.
- A rotation through various golf skills stations
- Playing age appropriate learning games
- Participating in skills challenges/competitions
How long are the sessions/classes?
- Each session is 12 weeks and each class is 1 hour.
Summer Session (12 weeks):
Starts June 21st
FUNdamentals: ages 5-7
Saturdays 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and/or Wednesdays 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Starts Wednesday 6/21 and Saturday 6/24
Learn to Play: ages 8-10
Saturdays 12:45-1:45 p.m. and/or Tuesdays 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Starts Tuesday 6/20 and Saturday 6/24
Train to Play: ages 11-13
Saturdays 2:30-3:30 p.m. and/or Thursdays 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Starts Thursday 6/22 and Saturday 6/24
Learn to Compete GIRLS: ages 13-18
Saturdays 10:30-11:30 a.m. Starts 6/24
Learn to Compete BOYS: ages 13-18
Saturdays 3:30-4:30 p.m. Starts 6/24
EDP (Elite Development Program): Must be a Black or Black w/silver rank. Sessions are set up with the Director.
Gold Level Membership: $864 (3 monthly payments of $288)
Membership includes up to 2 classes per week for 12 weeks
Silver Level Membership: $456 (3 monthly payments of $152)
Membership includes 1 class per week for 12 weeks
NEW STUDENTS: must complete the Junior Performance Assessment before starting the program - UNLESS THEY ARE A NEW OR BEGINNING GOLFER then they will start at the red level 1. The assessment takes 1.5 hours and the cost is $100. After the assessment, they will receive their rank and hat, wrist band, bag tag and welcome packet.
RETURNING STUDENTS: from the 2016 season who have already received their ranks need to register prior to the start of the spring session.
Register on-line at www.STLgolfacademy.com
For questions contact Helen Kurtin, PGA-LPGA firstname.lastname@example.org 314.740.2998
2017 SUMMER CAMPS
Recommended age: 5-7
Student-Instructor ratio: 6:1
Camp #2 July 10th - July 14th M-F 8:00-9:30 a.m.
Camp #3 July 24th - July 28th M-F 8:00-9:30 a.m.
This camp is all about having FUN while introducing the young junior to golf. A variety of games are used to help the child learn FUNdamental Movement Skills necessary to play any sport as well as games that teach GOLF SKILLS in a fun way! Each child will participate in near-golf and golf experiences.
Learn To Play:
Recommended age: 8-12
Student-Instructor ratio: 6:1
In this camp we introduce all sport skills and continue to master movement skills and begin to introduce GOLF SPECIFIC SKILLS. We keep it FUN by utilizing fast moving games to develop endurance and speed. More on-course experiences are part of the program.
Camp #5 July 10th - July 14th M-F 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Camp #6 July 24th - July 28th M-F 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
WE ARE PROUD OF OUR 25 COLLEGE ATHLETES
“Texas A&M sophomore Ben Crancer won the individual title at the Dick’s Sporting Goods Collegiate Challenge Cup on Sept. 21, 2013.
He shot rounds of 68-63-66 to win by seven shots.
His second-round 8-under 63 was a competitive course record at The Golf Club of Tennessee.
Crancer also set a Texas A&M school record for lowest 54-hole total, with a 16-under 197 beating Jeff Maggert's record.”
Our Current students and Alumni who have been awarded Golf Scholarships:
Frankie Thomas - Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
Allie Dannegger - Missouri Baptist University
Sam Kaminski - Fontbonne University 2015
Dan Venker - Rhodes College 2015
Abigail Irwin - Indiana State 2015
Jimmy Seigfried – University of Missouri 2014
Steven Souchek – John A. Logan 2013
Meagan Biscan – Maryville University 2013
Christine Byrd – Missouri Baptist University 2012
Ben Crancer – Texas A&M University 2012
Shelly Rauvola – Macalester College 2012
Alex Doneff – Maryville University 2011
Hunter Parrish – University of Missouri, St. Louis 2011
Wils Hawn – Illinois State University 2010
Alex Cusumano – Loyola University, Chicago 2010
Ryan McKillips – University of Illinois, Springfield 2009
Michael McKillips – University of Illinois, Springfield 2009
Dan Schaller – Rockhurst University 2009
Kristen Hamel – William & Mary University 2008
Alisha Matthews – Southern Illinois University, Carbondale 2008
Brett Hulsey – Lindenwood University 2007
Allie Andrews – Rockhurst University 2007
Scott Langley – University of Illinois 2007
2010 NCAA Men’s Champion
2013-2015 PGA Tour Member
Robert Caplin -Loyola University, Chicago 2006
Whitney Brummett – Florida State University 2003