Helen A. Kurtin, co-founder of Golf Body Performance Center is a member of the PGA of America and The LPGA. She has established herself as one of the top golf instructors in the Midwest and has been named the 2015 Gateway PGA "Teacher of the Year", GOLF DIGEST’S #2 Teacher in Missouri for 2013-2014, and 2015-2016 Best in State Teacher, a 2012 GRAA “TOP 50 TEACHER”, 2007 LPGA Midwest Section “Teacher of the Year”, 2001 Golf For Women Magazine “Top 50 Teachers in the US and Canada”.
Her many advanced certifications include, Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Level 3 Golf Fitness Instructor, TPI Certified Level 3 Junior Coach, U.S. Kids Certified Instructor, as well as Certified GolfPsych Instructor.
With 22 years of teaching experience, Helen is passionate about working with golfers of all levels and specializes in Junior LTAD (Long Term Athletic Development). Many of her students are successful area amateurs, collegiate players, AJGA, PJGT and FCWT tournament players and award winners as well as 22 college golf scholarship recipients.
Helen was the swing coach of PGA Tour player Scott Langley for 7 years during his Junior golf career in St. Louis.
Helen has competed on the professional level since 1993 including the Women’s Gateway Tour in Texas, Gateway PGA Section tournaments, and LPGA Sectional and National Tournaments.
She believes that there is not one way to build a consistent swing motion that will hold up under pressure instead there are many swing “characteristics” and one correct Kinematic Sequence. Those swing characteristics have to “match” or complement each other in order to produce good, solid, consistent contact, a correct Kinematic Sequence and desired ball flight.
Helen also holds a degree from Texas Tech University, a first degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and enjoys weight training, functional fitness, spending time with her two dogs and loves being involved at her church, The Gathering United Methodist Church.
People she admires are The Dalhai Lama, Maya Angelou, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Annika Sorenstam and Lorena Ochoa.
- Graduate of Texas Tech University, 1986
- PGA and LPGA Member
- 2013-2014 Golf Digest Magazine “Best in State” award
- 2012 GRAA Top 50 Teacher
- 2010 Golf Digest Top 50 Greatest Women Teachers Nominee
- 2010 Gateway PGA Teacher of the Year Nominee
- 2007 LPGA Midwest Section “Teacher of the Year”
- 2001 Golf For Women Magazine “Top 50 Teacher” in the US and Canada
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Golf Fitness Instructor, Level 3
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)Certified Junior Instructor, Level 3
- U.S. Kids Certified Instructor
- Certified GOLFPSYCH Instructor
- Member of the 2000 Gateway Women’s Golf Tour, Texas
- First Degree Black Belt, Tae Kwon Do
- 22 years of teaching experience