About St. Louis Golf Academy
The Quarry Golf Course
St. Louis Golf Academy was established in 2015 after 10 years of operation under the name Golf Body Performance Center. The Academy carries on the tradition of expert instruction coupled with golf fitness and the physical, mental and emotional development of our golfers. Our programs are designed to help everyone from the new golfer to the tour player and players of all ages.
- Expansive zoysia grass tee
- Covered and heated tees
- Premium range balls
- Shortgame practice area
- Practice greenside bunker
- Large putting green
- Groups lessons
- Private lessons
- Shortgame classes
- Junior Performance
- Summer Camps
- Women’s classes
- Golf Fitness assessments and workouts
Meet The Instructors
Helen A. KurtinHelen, owner and director of St. Louis Golf Academy is a member of the PGA of America and The LPGA. She has established herself as one of the top golf instructors in the Midwest and has been named the 2015 Gateway PGA "Teacher of the Year"; GOLF DIGEST’s Best in State Teacher in Missouri every year since 2013 and many other top honors.
With 24 years of teaching experience, Helen is passionate about working with golfers of all levels and specializes in Junior LTAD (Long Term Athletic Development). Many of her students are successful amateurs, collegiate players and AJGA tournament players and award winners. She has helped over 20 competitive junior golfers earn college scholarships.
Helen believes that there is not one way to build a consistent swing motion that will hold up under pressure instead there are many swing “characteristics” and one correct Kinematic Sequence. Those swing characteristics have to “match” or complement each other in order to produce good, solid, consistent contact, a correct Kinematic Sequence and desired ball flight.
Her many advanced certifications include, Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Level 3 Golf Fitness Instructor, TPI Certified Level 3 Junior Coach, as well as a Certified GolfPsych Instructor.
She has competed on the professional level since 1993 including the Women’s Gateway Tour in Texas, Gateway PGA Section tournaments, and LPGA Sectional and National Tournaments.
Helen is a native of Houston, Texas and now resides in St. Louis, Missouri.
People she admires are The Dalhai Lama, Maya Angelou, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Annika Sorenstam and Lorena Ochoa.
Awards & Certifications
- PGA and LPGA Member
- 2013-2018 Golf Digest Magazine “Best in State” award
- 2015 Gateway PGA Teacher of the Year
- 2012 & 2017 GRAA Top 50 Teacher
- 2010 Golf Digest Top 50 Greatest Women Teachers Nominee
- 2010 Gateway PGA Teacher of the Year Nominee
- 2007 LPGA Midwest Section “Teacher of the Year”
- 2001 Golf For Women Magazine “Top 50 Teacher” in the US and Canada
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Golf Fitness Instructor, Level 3
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)Certified Junior Instructor, Level 3
- Certified GOLFPSYCH Instructor
- Member of the 2000 Gateway Women’s Golf Tour, Texas
- Graduate of Texas Tech University
- First Degree Black Belt, Tae Kwon Do
- 24 years of teaching experience
Dr. Brenda KingenDr. Brenda Kingen, medical consultant to St. Louis Golf Academy, owner of Kingen Chiropractic Wellness Center is a graduate of Michigan State University and Logan College of Chiropractic.
Dr. Brenda has advanced training and certification through the KTA – Kinesiotaping Association and ART – Active Release Technique and has many years of experience working with athletes, especially golfers and runners. She was the on-site chiropractor for the LPGA Michelob Light Classic held in St. Louis form 1996-2001.
While maintaining her private practice of 25 years, Dr. Brenda has many advanced certifications including Titleist Performance Institute’s Certified Level 3 Golf Fitness Instructor / Medical Professional. She is responsible for overseeing the evaluations, workouts and nutrition of all the clients in the golf fitness programs at St. Louis Golf Academy. Dr. Brenda’s own love and passion for the game combined with her knowledge and expertise make her one of the most sought after professionals in the business.
She is a member of the Missouri State Chiropractic Association, The International Chiropractic Association and a Fellow of the International Academy of Clinical Acupuncture.
A native of West Branch, Michigan, Dr. Brenda is a sports enthusiast, loyal Spartan fan and loves to follow Big 10 sports.
Awards & Certifications
- Graduate of Logan College of Chiropractic
- Graduate of Michigan State University, 1983
- Owner of Kingen Chiropractic Wellness Center
- Chiropractor for the LPGA Michelob Light Classic from 1997-2001
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)Certified Golf Fitness Instructor / Medical Professional, Level 3
- Certified in KTA – Kinesiotaping Association
- Certified in ART – Active Release Technique
- Fellow of the International Academy of Clinical Acupuncture
- Recipient of the Spirit Award and State Doctor of the Year Award, The Waiting List Practice
- In private practice for 25 years
Golf Scholarship Awards
- Frankie Thomas - Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- Allie Dannegger - Missouri Baptist University
- Sam Kaminski - Fontbonne University 2015
- Dan Venker - Rhodes College 2015
- Abigail Irwin - Indiana State 2015
- Jimmy Seigfried – University of Missouri 2014
- Steven Souchek – John A. Logan 2013
- Meagan Biscan – Maryville University 2013
- Christine Byrd – Missouri Baptist University 2012
- Ben Crancer – Texas A&M University 2012
- Shelly Rauvola – Macalester College 2012
- Alex Doneff – Maryville University 2011
- Hunter Parrish – University of Missouri, St. Louis 2011
- Wils Hawn – Illinois State University 2010
- Alex Cusumano – Loyola University, Chicago 2010
- Ryan McKillips – University of Illinois, Springfield 2009
- Michael McKillips – University of Illinois, Springfield 2009
- Dan Schaller – Rockhurst University 2009
- Kristen Hamel – William & Mary University 2008
- Alisha Matthews – Southern Illinois University, Carbondale 2008
- Brett Hulsey – Lindenwood University 2007
- Allie Andrews – Rockhurst University 2007
- Scott Langley – University of Illinois 2007
2010 NCAA Men’s Champion
2013-2015 PGA Tour Member
- Robert Caplin -Loyola University, Chicago 2006
- Whitney Brummett – Florida State University 2003